Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What to Wear?

Wow Look at me 3 Posts in one day!

For a while now I have had image and fashion on the brain. I have written & re-written a post about this in my head so many times. In fact I was doing it while hanging the washing outside this morning!

I am a bit of a slob. I have to admit that, it's ok because it's true. I would be happy to sit around in my PJs all day. I love my PJs.
My whole life fashion and clothes have never been a big thing for me. I've never enjoyed shopping and I have never had an eye for fashion, never ever. I wear clothes that are comfortable that cover up the worst bits of my body! I live in Jeans and T-Shirts. I guess I am pretty lucky I didn't marry a guy who cared about having a trophy wife who looked good all the time, to be honest sometimes I wonder why he wasn't more embarrassed by me!

To carry on with the slob subject lets talk about make-up.  I don't wear it. Ever. Well ok not never ever, I have on occasion worn make-up but I don't own any and I have no idea how to put it on, except lipstick, I can do that.

None of this really bothers me. I am pretty lucky I guess that my appearance has never been something I have worried overly much about. I know some people can get totally caught up in their image and what other people think. I am pleased I'm not like that. It's not that I have an issue with make-up or fancy clothes. Not in the least. It's just never been an interest to me, or a necessity  I have never had a job where I have needed to dress up. I'm not sure I ever will.

So why the sudden interest in fashion?

Well it's not that I have suddenly taken an interest, it's just that I am starting to care more about how I look. I haven't got a husband who is affirming my worth anymore. I am not feeling so good about myself for various reasons and I want to. I want to feel good about myself again. Wearing my PJs all day may be comfortable but it does not make me feel good. It makes me feel blah and slobbish.

I want to feel good.
I want to start putting a bit more flare in my wardrobe. I want some more "feel good" clothes. I want some more colour in my day. I want to step outside of my PJ comfort zone and get a little adventurous.

So I am challenging myself.
I am going to start sharing my wardrobe. I am going to start wearing different things. And hopefully I am not going to look incredibly embarrassing!!!

Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Devour the words said...

And I will join you.
It will be.. ummm.. FUN?

hehe.

Vicki said...

I hear ya!!! Am the same over makeup and can't see the point with all that goop some people put on every single day and even before they have breakfast!!! Good luck. :)