Saturday, April 6, 2013

30 Day Challenge

Day 1 - Your Favourite Song

This is a VERY difficult question. I LOVE music. Picking just ONE song would be WAY too hard so I thought I would share a few.


As you all know I lost my husband. It has almost been 3 years since he died and I don't go a day without missing him and wishing he was still here.  This is the song I listen to when I am missing him the most.

Diamond Rio - One More Day



I am a solo Mum, a Business Owner, a Crafter, a house renovator and the list goes on and on and on ...
The Beatles are my ALL time favourite band and lately this song has been in my head a lot! hehehe I really don't get enough sleep!

The Beatles - I'm Only Sleeping




My kids and I often sit around after dinner and watch/listen to music on Youtube one of our favourites is this one that the kids sing at school and we now know all the words. It makes me think of my favourite people and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing I have people like this in my life

Bruno Mars - Count On Me




I am a geek. I can't deny that fact. I Love Harry Potter, Super Heroes, Star Wars ... etc etc etc
A while ago my friend Mand's introduced me to something called Wrock which is Wizard Rock. Wizard Rock is songs based solely on the Harry Potter Books/Movies. I love it. A geek I know!! My favourite Wrock band is called The Ministry of Magic and this is my favourite song from them. If you know the Harry Potter story it will make sense otherwise .. umm well you're on your own!

Ministry Of Magic - Don't Leave


So that is just a snippet of my musical tastes .. a bit sad and sappy at times lol and definitely not 'cool' and sometimes not even meaningful!! but music is about what it means to the listener not what it means to others! 
Ask me in a month this same question and I'll give you a list of new songs!!

So what music do you listen to when no-one else is around?




3 comments:

jacksta said...

oh dear Im out of the loop. I dont know any of those songs!

Miriam said...

I'm totally uncool in my tastes but I have to say eclectic is good and you seem to have a wide range :o) x

Neetz said...

Oh our kids sing the Bruno mars one at school too.. hehe.. *and kendyl at home*Anything Beatles I love too... they are a firm staple in my music diet. Im just doing up a video montage of Dads pictures etc and one of the songs is "in my life" :) And I love One more day too.... can't listen to it at the moment though or I will be a puddle of tears!! xxxx