Thursday, March 10, 2011

NZ Book Month



It is time to recommend another book!!



The Power Of One - Bryce Courtenay

Bryce Courtenay has got to be one of my most favourite authors of all time. I don't think I have read a book of his I don't like!
The Power of One is a powerful story of the triumph of the human spirit. If you haven't read it READ IT NOW!!! Then after that read the sequel Tandia. I loved both these books and fell completely in love with the main Character Peekay, and it didn't helped that he was played by Stephen Dorff in the Movie!! Speaking of which .... watch the movie too! Here is a little teaser .....



as with most movies and books they are a bit different and of course the book is 100 times better than the movie but I still enjoyed both.

One of the BEST things about the movie (apart from Stephen Dorff) was the soundtrack. Amazing. Powerful. Soulful. I LOVE it. Another little taste ....



Would love to have your recommendations too! I'm always up for a new read!

Happy reading everyone!