Friday, January 21, 2011

School Bag Tags

Don't you hate it when your kids chooses their favourite school bag in the shop is totally stoked about it and you get to school and there are 3 more EXACTLY the same! OMGoodness how frustrating! Well I found a FANTASTIC idea as I was searching around for some really cool bag tags. I decided to make one for both Riley's school bag and Abbey's Kindy one .. because of course if I didn't make one for both someone would complain anyway!!

So first thing I did was head off to the $2 shop and bought myself a couple of those hard plastic Licence holders, I knew the $2 shop had them because Jason and I went searching through EVERY variety store in Pukekohe finding the 'right' one for his ID Tag .. particular he was!! Anyway I digress ...

I cut some patterned paper, which co-ordinated with the colour of the bags, the right size for slotting inside the tags embellished and put them in! Simple as that! I just then put a key ring onto the tags to attach them to the bags.

Both Kids LOVED them (my kids are easy to please!) and now we won't have any bag mix ups at school or Kindy!






The Paper I used for Riley was some of the Space themed paper in the DCMV All About Boys stack which I picked up at the Warehouse and for Abbey I used some Imaginisce paper from the range 'Fairest of Them All'. Now we are almost ready to return back to school!!

3 comments:

Sharon & Nick said...

Brilliant Idea. I wonder if it would work on my hubby's keys as he is often misplacing them.

Katie said...

Fantastic Idea :-)

mandyb said...

what a good idea!!!
i think you could market these!!!!