Monday, March 8, 2010

BIG Weekend

WARNING: This Blog post will contain a photo BONANZA!!!

We were lucky enough to have Jase home again this weekend! Feeling a bit spoilt really! We had such a fun time this weekend.
Saturday we packed up a picnic lunch and headed off to The Glenbrook Railway for a Day Out with Thomas the Tank Engine with our friend Taryn and her son Adam. Riley has a bit of a phobia about noises and he wasn't too happy to begin with (trains are very noisy!) But after his first ride he was fine and everyone had a great time! We even got to eat our lunch on the train!!
Here are some of my favourite pics ...






And of course the train himself ... THOMAS! (and a couple of his friends!)






On Sunday we packed up another picnic lunch and went to the Auckland Botanical Gardens with my cousin Nicole and her family. We had such a great time wandering around the gardens, with Riley leading the way! Lots of Fun, so much fun that BOTH my kids fell asleep on the way home which is pretty amzing since Riley doesn't sleep in the day!
More fav pics from that day! ....






Jase is lucky enough to have a four day weekend this week so this morning he was lovely and let me have the morning in my craft room :)
I completed 3 LOs today which is the best I've done in a day for a long while! Here they are ...


This LO was for the TM Scrappers Challenge 'Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue' ... I'm not 100% happy with it. I do love how the photos show off Abbey's beautiful Blue Eyes though :)
Something Old - the patterned paper I've had for ages
Something New - Threading Waters Boarder Punch
Something Borrowed - 2184 Challenge #6
Something Blue - Title, paper, my daughters eyes lol


I have wanted to scrap this pic for along time!! Abbey was 2months old and it was our first professional photo shoot with all four of us. I am really pleased with how this turned out :) The papers come from My Minds Eye I tried out making my own bling swirls on this LO, I think they turned out pretty ok! Check out how to make them on this tutorial. I used beads and Kaiser Bling on mine, time consuming but oh so worth it!


Last but not least ... another old pic of the kids. This was one of those times when the page just fell into place. I think this LO took me half an hour to do. It rarely happens that quick! But tonight it did! Heidi Grace papers on this one.
Hubby has just gone to bed which tells me it's bed time!!
Goodnight :)