Sunday, June 12, 2011

Procrastination & Motivation

I have LOADS of stuff I should be doing .. LOADS. And How much have I done? Very little. I am the Queen of procrastination and I have ZERO Motivation. I really WANT to want to do stuff. I want to get off the couch, turn the TV and computer off and create, but it feels like too hard of a job. I want to do it but I just don't seem to be able to. I know I am a little depressed, I miss Jason like crazy and having him not here does stop me from doing a lot of things, I am very lonely, lonely for Jase, lonely for that one person I can sit and chat to about nothing after the kids go to bed. Lonely for that other person to make an effort for. Anyway enough groaning and griping ...

Today the procrastination of the day ....

We have HEAPS of wooden blocks, the kids love them and play with them often. But I wanted to make them a little more exciting. I had a 'light bulb' moment the other day and remembered I had these stamps from Stampin' Up ....



So this afternoon we spent a very long time procrastinating from what I should be doing to turning our blocks from looking like this ....



to looking like this ....



The kids enjoyed themselves and they love the new look blocks!!

Great procrastination I say!

7 comments:

mandyb said...

wow those blocks are so so cool....i wonder what sets i have cos id like to do that to some of the blocks at kgtn!!!

as for being un-motivated ME TOO....i have an old scrap room to sort out so people can stay in it, and so i can see the floor!!! and i have a cupboard that needs sorting!! blah blah blah....and i want to scrap...cant be bothered AT ALL!!!!

hope we both find a cure soon!!!

Devour the words said...

Tracy the blocks look awesome.. job well done. I am totally lacking in motivation to create to... BUT for once my house actually looks semi ok.. so maybe im not doing as bad as think.. lol

Leonie said...

those blocks are AWESOME!! what a cool idea! You are so creative.
Hugs my friend
xx

Jenny said...

Those blocks are amazing!

I understand how you feel .... hugs from me

jacksta said...

♥ you are awesome ♥

PaisleyJade said...

Such a wonderful idea Tracy - super creative you are!! All my love to you too - can't imagine how hard it must be. xox

tanyaleigh said...

What an awesome idea Tracy. Love it! Take care<3