Thursday, June 2, 2011

Better Late than Never

Jason and I decided when Riley was still cooking in my belly that we were not going to throw a Birthday party for our kids every year. We decided it was expensive and we were only going to throw a big party on significant ages. What we came up with was 1 ... 5 ... 10 ... 13 ... 16 ... 18 ... 21 ... achievable. In between we would still celebrate but just a cake, and perhaps do what my Mum & Dad did which was let us have one friend around for dinner or to do something special.

Anyway I am kinda procrastinating from the point of this blog post ...

The last BIG Birthday was Riley's 5th and since we don't do parties every year when we do we go ALL out. You may remember the blog post about his Robot Birthday HERE. Well in March this year Riley turned 6, so I have been 'making' a Birthday album for Riley for the last year! Today I pulled it out, dusted it off and FINALLY finished it!

I used THIS Kasiercraft wooden album and lots of Gloss Mod Podge and it turned out a little like this ....







I used cardstock, corrugated card, sequins, bling, Tim Holtz Sprockets and some little tool embellishments. I like how it turned out and so does Riley so YAY! Thank goodness it is finally finished!

9 comments:

jacksta said...

My boys got a unique robot from PJ too. Its one of my favourite toys ever. Great looking scrapping Trace

mandyb said...

i love it!!!!!!
so so cool!!!!!!!!!!!

PaisleyJade said...

Ok Tracey - you are officially AMAZING! Just love the robot book and memories stored. Wow!!

Asher Blaster said...

Your so clever my friend. Love it! Your a good mummy. xx

Sima J said...

wowsers that is super impressive .. lucky kids to have such a talented mumma!!

Sharon & Nick said...

That mini album is just stunning. You have oodles of talent!!

Leonie said...

that is VERY cool!! I love it! you are so very talented.

Kaby said...

Love it Tracy! Very, very cute. Inspirational.

Glenz said...

Way cool...and when will I be expecting my template...lol.