Monday, January 23, 2012

House Decorating Post #1 ~ Living Room

It was VERY exciting to begin the decorating/renovating of my house the week after Christmas. My Aunt came up from Auckland to help me out for a week and boy did she teach me a lot!! We painted and sanded, and filled, and bogged and did stuff I have never done before!! It was hard and fun and after 4 weeks I have almost finished the living room!!

So here are the before pics ....

The Fireplace


Opposite the fireplace, behind the couch is a feature wall kinda a dark browny/greyish colour.

You all know about my orange obsession so I picked up a few paint samples and played around with colours and ended up with two Dulux Colours of NZ colours. The first one I chose was called Rangataua and the 2nd colour was called Kauri Cliffs half.

We washed and sanded walls, skirting, door frames, scotia, windows & frames. We painted and wallpapered. There were 5 different pots of paint and several different rollers! With drop cloths, tools, paint, sandpaper etc etc etc everywhere it was chaos!

So here are the after photos .....





There are still some window fittings that need to go back on. I am planning on giving the fireplace hearth a makeover. The telephone table and my storage chest are also going to be fancied up a bit, so watch this space for more decorating/renovating to come!!! But at least my living room is livable again!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks AMAZING Tracy! I can't wait to see what else you do to the house! I bet you are so excited to be able to do what you want to do, to your home!

Unknown said...

wow! amazing! i love it- such an acheivement!!!

jacksta said...

it looks so amazing. Well done. *pats on back*

Jenny said...

It looks fantastic! Nothing like making a house "your home"

Anonymous said...

What heyday isn't today?