Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Reflection

I don't know if it is ironic or coincidence. Or even nothing at all.
But reading my last post after the week I've just had it feels like it should be one of those things up there.

Last Friday night my 87year old Grandma passed away.
It was very sudden and fairly unexpected. I had talked to her that very same morning.
She wasn't ill. She was still doing all the things she normally did. It happened pretty much the way she would have wanted. Quickly.

Abbey & Her Great Grandma February 2012


My Grandma had 7 children. 6 girls and 1 boy. 13 Grandchildren and 16 Great Grandchildren. I feel blessed that my children had a chance to know her.
She lived a very full life. Apparently there were only two things that she hadn't crossed off her bucket list.

At 87 she was still living in her own home. She was still driving. She was still very involved in various community groups and organisations. 

I am very sad to have lost her from my life. I will miss her very much.

Four Generations of Girls
Mum, Me, Grandma and Abbey
February 2012

4 comments:

Cat said...

LOVE xxx

thid coull chick said...

awww ((hugs)) <3

mandyb said...

love the photo,.,,,sorry to hear of her passing xxxx

Anonymous said...

beautiful pic xxx