Sunday, May 1, 2011

30 Day Photo Project

DAY 28

Something your afraid of



Bees ... to be honest this photo totally creeps me out in a major way!

I have what is called Apiphobia which is the correct term for Bee Phobia.

Years ago when I worked at Three Kings Kindercare every year we would get a swarm of bees which always seemed to settle in one of the trees close to the playground. All the kids would be banished indoors as there would be hundreds of bees swarming around until they settled in the tree in a big clump and we would have to call in the Bee Man to come take them away. I will never forget one day when I got back to work from my lunch break, the centre director Jodie was standing at the bottom of the driveway waiting for me. She said put your head down and walk with me. Confused I did what she said she put her arm around me and walked me up the drive about half way up I heard them bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz when we got into the building I looked out the window to see I had just walked under a MASSIVE swarm of bees. Jodie said she had to meet me at the drive because she knew I couldn't have come back to work if I saw them!! She was totally right!!
I'm not sure why I feel this way about bees but my brother recently informed me of an incident that happened to us as kids. I cannot remember it AT all so it must have been so traumatic I forgot!

For more 30 Day Photo Projects see HERE

5 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Oh man - after having a swarm park outside our home for a few days I totally understand! Amazing how things that happen when we are young can have such a major impact - I was the same with daddy long legs!

mandyb said...

love the story of your brothers..how cool!!!
whats NOT cool is all those bees.....ewwwwww.... we had a wasps nest at kgtn and called the exterminators in SO quick!!!! they sorted it in no time!!!

thid coull chick said...

wow must have been traumatic for you not to even remember and still hate/fear them!!!

Jenny said...

That sounds very traumatic. How do you cope not passing it on to your children?

Neetz said...

I don't mind bees. Used to hate it though when I used to drive a convertible, and sometimes would drive through a huge swarm ....eeek.... they get majorly grumpy when they've hit the widow of the car and then fallen inside on you....lol

My hubby loathes them....he's allergic! ;)