Thursday, January 17, 2013

Christmas Crafting


 Show & Tell Thursday's


I have some AMAZINGLY talented friends. I am both inspired and intimidated by them!
There are four lovely ladies who are not only some of my most favourite people in the world but also some of the most creatively talented people I know.

Ruth, Janine, Jennie, Nicola and I decided that we were going to do a Christmas present swap with each other.
We all made pinterest boards especially for the swap. We had to pin things that we would like someone else to make us. Then we all went through each others boards and picked something to make for each person. So we made and received 4 gifts each.
See my board HERE

So now it is after Christmas I can share what I made and what I received.

NICOLA


Nic pinned this photo frame whiteboard on her board. She also mentioned that her favourite colour was blue, so I set to work.


I found an old frame in my stash of things and cleaned it up. Then using the Sweetest Thing Bluebell Collection from My Minds Eye I made this.


I spent ages dividing it into 7 pieces and stamped a day on each part. Embellished with some flowers, butterflies and a Kaisercraft wooden Birdcage and we were done!
I am really pleased with how it turned out, and I am super glad it arrived in Christchurch in one piece! 

I have always loved these melted crayon pictures. 
I have always wanted to try it myself, and I will get around to doing it ... eventually!!


Nic used this pin to inspire (literally) to make this AWESOME melted crayon art.


I absolutely ADORE it!! At the moment it is hanging in my library. I think it will eventually end up in my craft space when I renovate in there.

RUTH

I started out making something completely different for Ruth but it didn't quite work out. I went scrolling through her  board and saw these and though "hmmm I could make those"


So I raided the kids block box and using It's The Little Things Collection from Fancy Pants and loads of Mod Podge I made these.


Abbey was rather fond of them and Ruth was lucky they weren't stolen, so I might need to make some more!

Ruth was sneaky and didn't make me anything off my board. She knows how much of a Harry Potter freak I am though. Check these beauties out HERE


So she made this for me


I LOVE this sooo much!! It is definitely going to go in the library!

JANINE

For Janine I picked this as inspiration


I spent a while looking for what to use. I didn't want to make card ones I was hoping to find some big wooden dice. One day I happened to walk into Spotlight one day and they had little wooden Calendars ... PERFECT!
So I took it home pulled it apart and did this to it ....


I used The Sweetest Thing Bluebell Collection from My Minds Eye for this. I already knew Janine liked this collection because she has bought quite a bit of it in The Scrap Heap Store!!

Janine really surprised me with her gift to me. Firstly because it wasn't a medium she usually uses and because of how it looked sooo much like the original pin! 
This is what I pinned



And this is what she made 


It's us!! The three Art Night Girls, Roo, J9 & Me .... I Love it!!!
This one I think might end up on the wall in my bedroom.

JENNIE

I knew I wanted to make it as soon as I saw it on Jennie's board!! I might even eventually make one for myself (in orange of course!!)

Pin



And my version


I used The Sweetest Thing Bluebell collection from My Minds Eye again (one of my favourites!) And I filled it up with lollies!

Jennie got inspiration for my present from this pin


She totally blew me away with the little suitcases she made! I love them so much! And excellent colour choices too!!


They are on my mantelpiece at the moment. And look awesome.

I am such a lucky lucky girl to get such amazing presents from my amazing friends! I can't wait to do it again for this years Christmas!!!

8 comments:

Leonie said...

Wow wow wow they are all soo awesome! You guys are so talented!

Karyn said...

Talented! Wow!

Hootnz said...

You're right some very talented ladies....but don't forget yourself, those gifts you made are awesome! x

mandyb said...

wow everything is so so cool!!!

but those suitcases have caught my eye!!! wowsa!!!

alotta talent there ladies...well done

Jenny said...

huge amount of talent! Well done to all of you

Leonie said...

Oh wow, wow, wow!!!
Absolutely amazingly talented friends AND amazingly talented you!!!

PaisleyJade said...

Such a great idea and blown away by how amazing all of your creations looked!!

Miriam said...

wow what gorgeous creations - so cool :o)